Christmas Tree Lighting
16th Annual Christmas Tree Lighting
November 28th at 5:00 PM
500 S Fish Lake Rd
- 5:00 PM – Christmas Music
- 5:15 PM – Santa Arrives via Fire Engine and Lights Tree
- 5:30 PM – Individual Family Visits w/ Santa
The Village elves have worked hard to make sure this event complies with COVID-19 mitigation guidelines issued by the State of Illinois by making the following changes to our event:
- As you enter, you will be directed to a parking spot. Please do not leave your vehicle.
- Tune your radio into 91.9 FM to be able to listen along to the Christmas music.
- Once parked, each child will be given a gift bag. Inside each gift bag there will be a wish list for your children to fill out for Santa.
- Families are asked to watch Santa’s arrival and the tree lighting from their vehicles.
- After the tree lighting, if you DO NOT wish to visit with Santa we ask that you exit the parking lot so that we can easily identify the families who do wish to visit with him.
- Once Santa makes his way to his sleigh, we will direct families to form a line in their vehicles and will release families one vehicle at a time to visit Santa and allow for social distancing.
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED for all families any time they are outside of their vehicle.
- There will be a North Pole Mailbox located near the sleigh for your children to place their wish lists in. If you choose to fill out your list at home, the mailbox will remain outside Village Hall until 12/23.
HELP OUT OUR LOCAL FOOD PANTRIES!
We will be collecting donations for the Grant Township and Wauconda Township Food pantries again this year. While the pandemic has been hard on us all, it has hit those vulnerable members of our community especially hard. We are asking each family who wishes to participate in this fun event to bring along a donation of a non-perishable food item for the food pantries and place it in the designated location prior to visiting with Santa. Donations will be accepted at Village Hall throughout the month of December.
Our hope is to bring a little bit of joy to Volo residents in a safe and responsible way.
Special THANK YOU to Trustee Kurt Johnson who is reprising his role as Santa again this year and to the Wauconda Fire District who has again agreed to give Santa a lift to Village Hall on one of it's engines.