Christmas Tree Lighting
17th Annual Christmas Tree Lighting
November 27th at 5:00 PM
500 S Fish Lake Rd
2021 Tree Lighting Details:
- This year’s event will be held outdoors, weather permitting. If the weather moves us indoors, masks will be required.
- Families will gather near the front of Village Hall to watch the tree lighting and listen to Christmas Carols.
- Santa will arrive by fire engine to light the tree.
- Once Santa makes his way to his sleigh, families will be asked to line up to do individual visits with Santa.
- Refreshments will be available for purchase from My Funnel Truck who will be on site during the event.
- There will be a North Pole Mailbox located near the sleigh for your children to place their wish lists in. The mailbox will remain outside Village Hall until 12/23.
- Kids GLOW NECKLACES will be handed out for each donation of new hats and gloves or food items for the food pantry.
HELP OUT OUR LOCAL FOOD PANTRIES!
We will be collecting donations for the Grant Township and Wauconda Township Food pantries again this year. While the pandemic has been hard on us all, it has hit those vulnerable members of our community especially hard. We are asking each family who wishes to participate in this fun event to bring along a donation of a non-perishable food item for the food pantries and place it in the designated location prior to visiting with Santa. Donations will be accepted at Village Hall throughout the month of December.
Our hope is to bring a little bit of joy to Volo residents in a safe and responsible way.
Special THANK YOU to Boy Scout Troop #679 for helping out with the event and to the Wauconda Fire District who has again agreed to give Santa a lift to Village Hall on one of it's engines.