Christmas Tree Lighting
18th Annual Christmas Tree Lighting
November 26th at 5:00 PM
500 S Fish Lake Rd
2022 Tree Lighting Details:
- This year’s event will be BACK INDOORS!! We will start outside for Santa's arrival and head inside to the Community Room for visits with Santa.
- Families will gather near the front of Village Hall to watch the tree lighting and listen to Christmas Carols.
- Santa will arrive by fire engine to light the tree.
- Once Santa makes his way to the Community Room, families will be asked to line up to do individual visits with Santa.
- Refreshments will be available for purchase from My Funnel Truck who will be on site during the event. They will be situated on the patio just off the community room and there will be picnic tables set up so you can enjoy your hot cocoa and sweet treats!
- There will be a North Pole Mailbox located near the front entrance to Village Hall for your children to place their wish lists in. The mailbox will remain outside Village Hall until 12/23.
- Kids GLOW items will be handed out for each donation of new hats and gloves or food items for the food pantry.
HELP OUT OUR LOCAL FOOD PANTRIES!
We will be collecting donations for the Grant Township and Wauconda Township Food pantries again this year. While the pandemic has been hard on us all, it has hit those vulnerable members of our community especially hard. We are asking each family who wishes to participate in this fun event to bring along a donation of a non-perishable food item for the food pantries and place it in the designated location prior to visiting with Santa. Donations will be accepted at Village Hall throughout the month of December.
Our hope is to bring a little bit of joy to Volo residents in a safe and responsible way.
Special THANK YOU to the LCSP Volo/Lakemoor Area Queens for helping out with the event and to the Wauconda Fire District who has again agreed to give Santa a lift to Village Hall on one of its engines.